Crown Capital is a specialty finance company focused on providing capital to middle-market companies that are unwilling or unable to obtain adequate financing from traditional providers.
We originate, structure and provide tailored financing solutions with minimal or no ownership dilution. These solutions allow our business owners to retain the vast majority of the economic rewards associated with their business, while providing us with stable and predictable cash flows.
Our tailored, innovative financing solutions include subordinated term and bridge loans, perpetual debt, income streaming and royalties. Our investee firms – diverse both by sector and by geography – are exceptional private and public enterprises that generate cash flow and have strong leadership teams.
Our tailored solutions offer:
• Access to capital with minimal or no ownership dilution: Business owners gain access to capital without having to accept ownership dilution.
• Path to partial liquidity and/or access to growth capital: Business owners can use the injection of capital from Crown to withdraw needed capital from the business and/or to execute on growth objectives while maintaining the ownership structure.
• Retention of operating control: Business owners retain operating control and can continue to grow their businesses independently.
• Continued participation in business growth: Business owners continue to be directly aligned with their business through their continued role in the ownership structure.
• Tax-efficient solutions: Financial returns paid to Crown are generally structured to be tax-deductible, so as to reduce income taxes.
Source: Crown Capital
Crown originates, structures, and underwrites its transactions. Our approach is guided by these core principles and philosophies:
• Favorable macroeconomic environment: We focus on industry sectors with favorable economic conditions and robust growth prospects.
• Strong operating track record and stability of cash flow: We look for a successful operating history and a track record of positive cash flow. We also consider factors such as market share,
customer concentration, volatility of historical performance and ability to sustain cash flow and margins over the longer term.
• Owner/management track record: Our extensive due diligence process is designed to ensure that funding is provided only to high quality businesses with strong management teams and an extensive track record of operational success.
• Tailored financing solutions: Financing solutions are tailored to client need, providing flexibility as well as the potential for clients to participate in future profits.
• Cash flow-based, secured lending: Unlike asset-based lenders whose lending decisions are based on the net realizable value of assets, Crown’s solutions are based on the maintenance of cash flows and enterprise value.
• Limited and manageable leverage: We consider the debt-servicing track record and look to ensure that projected cash flows provide sufficient coverage for payments that will become due.
• Diversification by industry and geography: Crown diversifies its portfolio with regard to both business segment and geography.
Source: Crown Capital
Crown Capital Partners Inc.
Suite 4330, 77 King Street W
Toronto, ON M5K 1H6
Christopher A. Johnson, CFA - President and CEO
MICHAEL OVERVELDE, CPA, CA, CFA, Senior vice president, and Finance and CFO